The CompTIA ITF+ certification focuses on acquiring basic IT knowledge and the skill sets that can help fresh graduates decide whether or not they want to pursue their career in IT.
This is an excellent certification for organizations to prepare their non-technical teams to undergo a digital transformation. The CompTIA ITF+ certification helps IT professionals utilize their IT knowledge and skills to perform advanced-level tasks.
This certification forms the stepping stone to advance in various types of IT careers. It ensures that candidates have a better understanding of foundational-level concepts of IT. If you fall in one of the following categories then you must pursue a CompTIA ITF+ certification:
- Students who have an IT background
- Professionals who are already working in the field of IT and aim to gain a broader understanding of the field.
- Non-technical teams such as sales, operations, and marketing in IT-based organizations.
Who is CompTIA?
CompTIA stands for The Computing Technology Industry Association, and is regarded as the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications across the globe. The organization is credited with issuing approximately 2 million IT certifications worldwide.
It is dedicated to transforming the face of information and technology in this digitally advanced world. CompTIA has been regulating the training of IT enthusiasts globally through their certifications and renewals.
What are the Objectives of the CompTIA ITF+ Certification?
Various domains fall under the CompTIA ITF+ Certification and are represented to various extents. Here’s a list of everything that is covered in the certification:
- IT Concepts and Terminology: This domain includes comparing and contrasting notational systems, fundamental data types, understanding the fundamentals of computing and processing, and the importance of data and information. It also lays emphasis on troubleshooting methodology and the units of measurement.
- Infrastructure: Under this objective, you’ll be covering the various types of output and input devices, dealing with hands-on illustrations of installing peripheral devices to a PC/laptop, and understanding the common types of internet service, storage, and computing devices.
- Applications and Software: This section will cover the topics of operating systems, their components, and the utilization of software. Furthermore, in-depth knowledge of architecture, web browsers, etc.
- Software Development Concepts: Under this domain, you’ll be learning about programming language categories, programming concepts, etc.
- Database Fundamentals: This section will cover database structures and their purpose.
- Security: This section includes the topics of encryption, business continuity, best practices for passwords, behavioral security, etc.
How is CompTIA ITF+ Certification Different from Other Certifications?
This certification plays a vital role in helping candidates figure out the future course of their IT career. Here’s how:
- This is the only pre-certification course that can help students determine their competency in the IT field and figure out whether or not it is the right career path for students.
- It is the only certification that covers every fundamental of IT and provides students with a broader understanding of the field.
- It provides students with a well-established framework for learning primary and secondary IT fundamentals.
What Skills Will You Acquire Through the CompTIA ITF+ Certification?
- IT Terminology and Concepts: You will learn about basic computing, the notational systems, and the importance of data and troubleshooting.
- Infrastructure: You will also learn how to install peripheral devices to your laptop or PC and secure wireless networks across it.
- Applications and Software: You will get to understand various components of operating system architecture and their importance.
- Software Development: A key aspect of becoming a sound IT professional is understanding the barriers of programming language, interpreting its logic, and learning the basic purpose of the concepts of programming.
- Security: Cybersecurity is of utmost importance for any organization. Therefore, learning about integrity, confidentiality, and availability is a must for every IT enthusiast.
CompTIA ITF+ Exam Summary
The CompTIA ITF+ certification exam is a multiple-choice exam that contains 75 questions. You’ll be given 60 minutes to complete the examination. The total score for the exam is 900 marks, and candidates need to score a minimum of 650 marks to qualify for the examination.
Here’s a breakdown of the percentage of questions asked from every domain:
- IT Concepts and Terminology: 17%
- Infrastructure: 22%
- Applications and Software: 18%
- Software development concepts: 12%
- Database Fundamentals: 11%
- Security: 20%
How to Qualify the CompTIA ITF+ Certification Exam?
Professionals who are working in the IT industry understand the importance of qualifying for the CompTIA ITF+ certification examination. Not only does this examination help boost your IT fundamentals but it also propels your career in the right direction.
The candidates who apply for the CompTIA ITF+ certification examination get access to the study guide provided by the organization. This guide can play an excellent role in clearing your IT concepts and fundamentals.
- CompTIA provides instructor led Training to the applicants, which allows them to enjoy the benefits of live online training classes. These classes can not only help you learn the latest developments in the IT industry but also clear your course-related doubts regularly.
- The organization also provides applicants exclusive access to virtual labs, which function as interactive, hands-on virtual practice sessions. This will help you master advanced IT tasks effortlessly.
- Lastly, to further hone your preparation, the organization also provides candidates with a series of practice questions. Practicing the sample questions thoroughly before the final examination will help you understand the pattern of the examination better and ace the final examination as well.
The above article will provide you with all the assistance that you need to ace your upcoming CompTIA ITF+ Certification examination. Apart from utilizing the resources provided by the organization, you must also aim to start your preparation with a clear mindset.
Before you begin your preparation, create a roadmap for the examination and build your timetable accordingly. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter which road you take to complete your syllabus; all you need to do is work hard and ensure that you practice on an everyday basis!