A major reason for people to get certified is the potential income boost. With or without a degree, CompTIA certifications significantly increase your marketability. The greatest advantage of having certifications is improved marketability. Another great advantage is that CompTIA certs are not vendor specific. That means your skillset can be used across the board. CompTIA certifications aren’t just stackable, they are applicable!
CompTIA offers different certifications, the one you choose to pursue will depend on your needs, personal and professional; however, you cannot go wrong with the trifecta. Not only will you become three times more marketable, but you will benefit from the increased salary this combination of certifications provides.
What is the Trifecta?
The trifecta is a combination of three certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+. Having all three certifications gives you the trifecta.
Trifecta Certifications Overview
CompTIA A+ is a performance-based certification. It provides the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
CompTIA A+ covers the following aspects:
- Configure, install, and upgrade operating systems, including Windows, Apple OS X, Linux, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
- Set up and troubleshoot peripheral devices.
- Assemble and disassemble computing hardware.
- Set up and support basic home and small office networks.
- Implement cybersecurity controls appropriate to helpdesk and technical support roles.
- Troubleshoot and support end-user access to applications and data.
CompTIA Network+ aids in the development of a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks.
It ensures that IT professionals can do the following:
- Design and implement functional networks.
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Support the creation of virtual networks.
CompTIA Security+ validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions. Ideally, this should be your first security certification, especially if you want to pursue a career in IT security. It is a truly global certification. It positions you for intermediary level cybersecurity jobs. This certification focuses on risk mitigation.
CompTIA Security+ certification will ensure you acquire the following skills:
- Detect various types of compromise and understand penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts.
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security.
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design.
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls.
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact.
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure.
Earning Potential with Trifecta
Reports suggest that you may earn $88,000 + per year as opposed to between $35,000 and $80,000 with having only the CompTIA A+.
The trifecta significantly increases your earning potential and allows for greater marketability globally. If you are already in a job in IT, having the trifecta may get you that promotion you have been eyeing. Now with the ability to take the test right from home, it’s time for you to get certified!
Let us know what certifications you’re currently working on.
If you’re looking for a course that provides training for all the courses in the Trifecta visit Master I.T.
Like this blog?
2 thoughts on “Boost Your Income: The Three Certs You Need Right Now”
Google IT certified, currently going after A+.